Pipe Diameter Size Calculator Software
The Pipe Flow Wizard software will calculate the minimum internal pipe diameter that is required for a given flow rate and pressure condition. The software will consider the effect of pipe friction losses using the Darcy Weisbach equation, taking account of the pipe material, inner roughness of the pipe, the length of pipe, the fluid flow rate, the fluid density and the fluid viscosity.
Pipe Size Diameter Calculator Screen
Set the following values :
- Internal roughness of the pipe.
- Length of the pipe.
- Valves, bends, and other fittings on the pipe.
- Elevation change of the pipe (Rise or fall).
- Available pressure at inlet of the pipe.
- Select pressure units from drop down list
- Fluid flow rate through the pipe.
- Select flow rate units from drop down list.
- Change the fluid data : Name, viscosity, density.
Note: When running in trial mode the fluid data cannot be amended. The Pipe Flow Wizard software must be licensed before fluid data can be amended.
Find Pipe Diameter Screen Results
The Pipe Flow Wizard Software calculates the type of flow that will occur in the pipe (laminar flow or turbulent flow), the Reynold's number, the friction factor and the fluid velocity, to derive a minimum size for the internal diameter of the pipe. A pipe with a smaller internal diameter than the one calculated will not be able to support the specified flow rate for the given pressure conditions.
Next: Pipe Length Calculator