Pipe Length Calculator Software
The Pipe Flow Wizard software will calculate the length of pipe that will provide the specified pressure drop for the given flow rate and chosen pipe material and pipe size. The software will consider the effects of friction losses in the pipe using the Darcy Weisbach formula. The length of pipe will be calculated such that the when carrying the defined flow rate of fluid, at the given fluid density and viscosity, the actual pressure drop that will occur is the required pressure drop as entered by the user.
Pipe Length Calculator Screen
Set the following values :
- Internal roughness of the pipe.
- Internal diameter of the pipe.
- Valves, bends, and other fittings on the pipe.
- Elevation change of the pipe (Rise or fall).
- Available pressure at inlet of the pipe.
- Select pressure units from drop down list.
- Flow through the pipe.
- Select flow rate units from drop down list.
- Change the fluid data : Name, viscosity, density.
Note: When running in trial mode the fluid properties cannot be changed. The Pipe Flow Wizard software must be licensed to allow fluid data to be amended.
Find Pipe Length Screen Results
The Pipe Flow Wizard Software calculates the pipe length that is required to give the specified pressure drop in the pipe for the specified flow rate, taking account of all friction losses in the pipe, losses through pipe fittings and changes in elevation. The results screen displays the calculated pipe length and reports the type of fluid flow in the pipe (laminar flow or turbulent flow), Reynold's number, friction factor and fluid velocity.
Next: Pipe Fittings Database